Wednesday, April 9, 2008

(pat, pat, pat)

That was the sound of me patting myself on my back. Because I finished all 23 things. Yay!

I'm very grateful to the Discover 2.0 Program for all the cool and interesting things I learned. Chief among them that I'm not as tech-savvy as I thought, but hey, if I were perfect I wouldn't be able to experience the joy of learning! Seriously though, I had no idea many of these sites were out there, and probably never would have discovered them without Discover 2.0.

I just re-read my entire blog to refresh myself on everything we covered, which was a lot. Here are the sites I have actually used in my day-to-day surfing, in no particular order:

  • Google Docs. Like I said, this site saved my butt, and now I save a copy of every document I create here.
  • Spacebook. I go here occasionally to keep in touch with out-of-state friends.
  • Songza. When I need a soundtrack for surfing, this is where I go.
  • Del.icio.us. I finally have the spelling down! This is where I go when I want consumer input/opinions on things or information that is highly used.
  • Goodreads. I've rated 50 or so books here, but don't visit very frequently.

Even if Google Docs was the only discovery I had made, it would have made the whole program worth it. Thank you to everyone who put this program together!!

Hmmm, suggestions for improvement. It would have been nice to get feedback and comments as we went through the program. Perhaps some time built in to peruse other people's blogs and learn from their discoveries? I did a little of that, but most of the time was taken up with doing the items. In fact, it would have been nicer to have more time for the whole thing period. I think I was only able to check out 70% of the provided links, and most of those links only briefly.

Otherwise, I liked the concept of blogging to keep track (for you and for us) of things and thought it was a great experience.

No comments: